The PDRF has to complete the attached documents and submit them to the supervisor provided that the appointment has been confirmed. The Agreement has to be signed by all the relevant parties including the HoD and the Dean. The International Office will not be in a position to issue a visa letter without the signed Agreement and the dates must be included on the Agreement.
All the international PDRFs are required to have the medical aid insurance with any of the South African service providers on commencement of the fellowship. The current recommended medical aid service provider is Momentum Health, @ www.afhealth.co.za/post-docs. Should the you require any assistance relating to visa application, the contact person is Mr Lebethe Malefo email address is email@example.com. Attached a list of documents required for visitor’s visa application.
For accommodation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Property Management will arrange accommodation. Please remember that our on campus residential accommodation are allocated on a first come first served basis.
As soon as the appointment is approved by signing the attached Agreement, submit the following documents to PGS (Dudu Mbatha: email@example.com and Khanyisa Ndleve: firstname.lastname@example.org ) for registration and co-ordination of monthly payments:
- Signed PDRF Agreement signed by the PDRF, the supervisor, HoD and the Dean (the supervisor has to indicate the start and end dates, as well as the source of funding);
- Certified copy of the passport and visa permit for non-SA PDRF;
- Certified copy of an ID for SA PDRF;
- Medical aid membership certificate for non-SA PDRF;
- A research proposal as indicated in paragraph 12.2 of the Agreement;
- PhD certificate if not yet submitted;
- A copy of CV; and
- Banking details
Dudu Mbatha : Postgraduate Fund Management ,
Tel +27 11 559 4016
Fax +27 11 559 4904